Official information request details
- How many consultants/senior doctors are rostered on and physically present on your hospital maternity wards on Saturdays and Sundays and between 10pm and 8am during the week?
- If consultants/senior doctors are rostered on to work in the ward on the weekend, what times do their shifts start and end? (i.e., is there someone there at all times?)
- What times are consultants/senior doctors rostered on until during the week? (ie, is there someone there at all times?)
- Why are/why aren't consultants/senior doctors present/not present on the ward at all times?
- Are senior doctors/consultants on call for help on the maternity ward during the weekend and between 10pm and 8am on weekdays?
- How quickly are any on call-doctors expected to be able to be at the hospital?
- If senior doctors/consultants are not on the ward at all times, who is available to provide care to women when they are not present? (midwives, junior doctors etc.)