Response to official information request
- How many non resident women gave birth in hospitals run by the Canterbury DHB in the past five years?
- Were non residents billed by the DHB for the births, if so how many?
- Of those billed, how many paid the bill and what was the total each year?
- What was the cost of the most inexpensive and expensive non resident births for the DHB in the past five years, and were those bills paid?
- Did the DHB sue any of the non residents for non payment? What was the legal cost to the DHB of pursuing those birth costs?
- Has the DHB experienced birth tourists as other countries do?
- Has the DHB ever turned away any expectant mothers because they were non residents?
- Have any non residents used fake passports or identification?
- Does the DHB run any fraud type campaign/hotlines to try to stamp out non residency birth non payments/frauds?