Can I bring a pet to visit a patient in hospital?
We do not generally allow pets, dogs, or other animals, apart from service animals (e.g. guide dog, therapy animals), into our hospital facilities.
There may be exceptions in some rehabilitation areas and special circumstances by prior arrangement with ward staff.
If wishing to visit with animals
- You must first discuss and agree the animal visit with staff
- If a visit is possible, you are responsible for the animal at all times
- No animal visits are possible during meal times
- Animals are not allowed in public cafeterias and cafes
- Dogs need to be on a lead at all times