Returning crutches, walking frames, and other medical equipment
Crutches, walking frames and other Physiotherapy (physio) and Occupational Therapy (OT) equipment can be returned to Christchurch Hospital and Burwood Hospital.
To return hospital medical equipment at Christchurch Hospital
- Come in the main campus entrance off Riccarton Avenue.
- Drive past the Emergency Department entrance (on your left) and down the ramp in the lower ground car park.
- Drive around the car park back towards the exit.
- There is a trolley on the left near the double doors where you can leave the equipment.
To return hospital medical equipment at Burwood Hospital
- Return hospital equipment to the Occupational Therapy Department located in the Physical Medicine Building, Gate 3, Burwood Hospital, Mairehau Road, Burwood.
- Please label the hospital equipment with the borrower’s name.
Hospital medical equipment includes (but is not limited to):
- Walking frames
- Shower stools
- Toilet frames
- Bed levers
- Pulse oximeters
- Any hospital equipment you no longer need.