Free pregnancy testing is available.
Your LMC midwife can refer you to a lactation consultant who may visit you on the ward or at home.
Breastfeeding pumps are available to borrow from the maternity unit and arranged in consultation with your LMC midwife.An appointment can be arranged for you to see a Dietician through a referral from your LMC or GP, if you meet the referral criteria. Your midwife will let you know if a referral is appropriate.
Newborn hearing screeners visit the Ashburton Maternity Unit once a week. If you are not in the unit at the time then an appointment will be sent to you to come in for a visit in the following weeks.
- Three fully equipped birthing rooms
- One birthing pool
- Spa bath
- Two double bedrooms
- Three single postnatal rooms
- Lazy boys are available should you wish your support person to stay with you for one night
- Free parking
- Wi-Fi Internet access
- Mobile phones are able to be used in all of the rooms
- Women are welcome to use the ward phone line to make or receive local calls.
- TV and DVD player available in the lounge.
- All your dietary requirements are catered for.
- Sunny lounge and kitchen for tea, coffee and toast and biscuits, opening on to an enclosed courtyard garden.
- A supper of scones, muffins or cakes is available in the evenings.
- On-site café for visitors is open from 7am-7pm with full meals available for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Onsite Café Pulse