If you are visiting a patient
- Do not visit if you are feeling sick. If you have recently had sickness including coughs, colds, influenza (flu) or diarrhoea, please do not visit until you have been healthy for at least two days unless nursing staff say it is OK.
- Cover up any open wounds or cuts
- Clean your hands! If your hands are dirty or you have used the toilet, wash your hands thoroughly. You can also use the alcohol hand rub freely available from the hand hygiene stations in the hospital foyers or at the entrances to all wards and clinics.
- Do not touch the patient’s wounds, bandages, dressings, or medical equipment.
- Do not clutter. Help staff keep areas clean by only bringing essential items into the hospital and taking away things that are not required.