The events in Christchurch on Friday 15 March 2019 are so distressing. If you or someone you know needs mental wellbeing support or advice:
- Call or text 1737 to speak with a trained counsellor. This service is free of charge and is available day and night.
- Connect with the AllRight? Team who specialise in wellbeing advice.
There are also resources available online here:
See your own general practice team first – they can refer you to other services as appropriate
For general information and advice on the mental health support services we have available, visit Canterbury mental health services
Emergency/acute crisis support
- If you require urgent or crisis mental health care: Freephone 0800 920 092 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week).
General Practices and pharmacies
All are open as usual so make these your first point of contact with our health system for non-emergency care.
After-hours facilities available to help you:
- The 24 Hour Surgery, 401 Madras St.03 365 7777. Open 24hrs every day.
- Moorhouse Medical, 3 Pilgrim Place. 03 365 7900. Open 8am-8pm every day.
- Riccarton Clinic, 6 Yaldhurst Road. 03 343 3661. Open 8am-6pm every day.