COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

Information about changes at hospitals and health centres can be found at


Updated - effective from 14 May 2020 until further notice. Under COVID-19 Alert Level 2 visitor access to health facilities continues to be restricted.– details for all facilities...

Last updated:
29 April 2020

Please remember, limiting our interactions with others is our best defence against COVID-19. Please don’t visit the hospital if you don’t need to. The following level 2 visitor restrictions are in place for all Canterbury DHB health facilities:

  • Visitors will be screened and asked to provide contact details upon arrival
  • Visitors who are unwell or have suspicion of COVID-19 will not be able to enter
  • Aged residential care: no visitors, however, family visits for palliative care residents who do not have COVID-19 will be considered on a case-by-case basis.

Specific and detailed visitor restrictions that apply to each hospital are available on our COVID-19 page.

Where to get help starting or returning to work

ACC can help you (and in some cases your whānau) with your transport needs that are a direct result of your injury.

Your ACC support coordinator can arrange for an assessment of how your injury affects your ability to work, and put you in contact with services to help you get back into your old job or find a new one.

Learn about your options for using a private car, a taxi service, and public transport, including what happens when you get a job, and what happens if the job doesn't work out.

Page last updated: 27 November 2018

Is this page useful?