Response to official information request
Follow up to our previous response 10233 January 2020. This request is related to the proposed budget review for the Burwood pain management service for 2021/22 and out years. The Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists (ANZCA) Faculty of Pain Medicine (FPM) is seeking any documentation (emails, reports and executive and board briefings and planning papers) that consider:
- The Board and management decision-making and prioritisation in their consideration of budget changes as they relate to the pain management service at Burwood hospital.
- Details of the proposed budget review including any timelines, cost benefit analysis, staffing plans and communications plans.
- The impact it will have on the pain management service at Burwood Hospital.
- How CDHB will maintain the current service levels with such significant financial changes.
- Whether pain management services are considered mandatory by the CDHB.
- What steps is the DHB taking to improve chronic pain services.
- Your response will also update figures provided to FPM in your response dated 19 December 2019.
- To update this information please provide data on:
- Budgeted and actual expenditure in 2019/20.
- Number of pain specialists/consultants employed by the DHB.
- Number of patients (both non-ACC and ACC patients) who received services in 2019/2020.
- Average waiting times for an appointment following referral from a GP, or other health practitioner in 2019/2020.
- Makeup and dedicated FTE of the multidisciplinary team workforce as at 1 September 2020.