View our COVID-19 page for general advice, where to get COVID-19 tests, and visiting guidelines for our hospital services.
See for the latest information about COVID-19 vaccinations in Canterbury.

Help for children whose parents have a mental illness or addiction

There are people and organisations that can help you. If you, or a child you know, needs help to cope with a family affected by mental illness or addiction, you can contact these organisations.

You can also ask your GP (family doctor), social worker or teacher to help you find a service that can help.

Services include organisations providing counselling, parent support, camps, education, and opportunities for children to take a break away from their families when things get really hard.

Page last updated: 28 November 2018

Is this page useful?