Official information request details
- Does the DHB have a policy in place regarding the use of smartphones/smartphone apps like WhatsApp, Snapchat, and Messenger for the recording and sharing of clinical information?
- If yes, what is the policy? If not, why not?
- How frequently would you say this is happening among clinicians?
- Is it just a sign of the times; a more efficient way of sharing information?
- What efforts are made to ensure patient privacy if/when sharing information through personal/work smartphones?
- Have any clinicians been reprimanded for the way they have used their smartphone/tablet to record or share patient information?