Official information request details
- How many FTEs in total are there in your obstetrics and gynaecology department, and how many roles are vacant?
- Please state this by speciality (gynaecologist, nurse, etc)
- How many women/people are currently waiting for a gynaecology appointment?
- Please state how many have been waiting more than four months, and how many have been waiting for more than a year. How many have seen a specialist, and how many have not been seen at all?
- If your hospital prioritises these cases (urgent, semi-urgent, routine etc) please state these categories, and how many women are waiting in each. Please also give an example/list of how each category is defined (not for every patient, just the types of health issues that would fall into those in general)
- What is the average wait time, and what is the shortest? Please state the longest five wait times and what they are waiting for (symptoms or issue, eg. bleeding or cancer surgery)
- Please outline what your DHB is doing to care for these women or speed up their treatment, including providing copies of any action plans developed.